Sunday, April 3, 2011

No Convincing Necessary

I love interactive whiteboards!

I've been working with a Promethean Board in my classroom now for 3 years running and have gained added gadgets to make the engagement of the class even more exhilarating! Not only is an interactive whiteboard a big deal for kids and (can be)a quick learn for teachers, added tools like document cameras and polling devices make the boards even more inclusive. The next thing on my list is a wireless slate and surround sound... then I'll be set (for a while).

I'm a big proponent for Promethean but have had my chance to work with Smart technology in the past. This week one of my classes has been focusing on the benefits of these kinds of tools in our classrooms.

Did I mention I love my Promethean?

I've downloaded the Smart  program and have done a little bit of browsing on their lesson exchange. Promethean offers the same kind of lesson sharing in their own Promethean Planet. You can also use Smart lessons on the Promethean software - Can you do the opposite?

Anyway- I downloaded a lesson about Figurative Language from the Smart exchange and found the information very... informative.


Interactive, however, was not the best way I could describe this lesson.

There were however plenty of other options to preview and weed through to find a great deal of information and activities to involve students in their own learning through these interactive whiteboard tools. It's great to have these kinds of things at your fingertips - though, to me, it's even more fun creating the lessons myself!!!

:)

Here are some screen shots from parts of a geometry lesson I made (on Promethean) with my third graders:


Wipe away shapes with hidden geometric language to reveal - ooooooo!
We highlighted angles, equal and parallel sides with 24 colors to choose from 


Guess My Shape! Each shape is erasable to eliminate shapes one by one through a 20 questions type game.
And it's reset-able :)

Claps for a good fit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment